Since our skin is our largest organ, it makes sense that good circulation is imperative for healthy, glowing skin. Trouble is, we don’t even think about it.
Here are some skin conditions that are either caused or exacerbated by poor circulation.
Pale or ashy skin tone and/or discoloration
Acne and problematic skin
Over time, toxins and waste that are not effectively eliminated from the body build up and affect various organs and systems, including the lymphatic system. Stressed lymph nodes excrete toxins through the skin, resulting in acne or other problematic conditions, such as dry, flaky skin, recurring itchiness or rashes.
As a person ages, the epidermal cells become thinner. Good blood circulation sends blood to your skin, keeping pores open to maintain fresh and healthy skin. If your blood cannot circulate well, there is less efficient transport of good nutrients into the skin cells, and this can adversely affect collagen production. This helps prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Bags and Dark Circles around eyes
Slow healing scars
The inefficient transportation of oxygen and nutrients slows the skin's regenerative process, causing scars to heal at a much slower pace.
How do you increase circulation and get great skin?
Following these tips will benefit you on the inside and the outside. Cell regeneration, boosting collagen production, delivering nutrition to cells and eliminating waste are all important circulatory tasks that keep your skin healthy.
Here’s the list:
- Exercise - You already knew that though, didn’t you? Exercise is so important for all of your body processes. Heart health, bone health, healthy glow to your skin, and boosts immunity. Much of this is achieved through exercise BECAUSE exercise promotes circulation.
- Drink more water - Proper hydration increases blood flow and promotes the transportation of both nutrients and waste.
- Massage - Regular massage is excellent at pushing waste to the liver by promoting circulation. The free radicals released from stress are kneaded through the blood so that they can no longer damage body systems.
- Hot/Cold Showers - Have you ever noticed that your heart beats faster when you step into a shower that was hotter or colder than you expected? Make this shock a regular practice by changing the temp in your shower a couple of times each direction. It’s exhilarating!
- Microdermabrasion - Of course we had to work in how home skincare machines can help with your skin! The vacuum suction on RejuvadermMD and MicrodermMD paired with diamond tip exfoliation do a great job at increasing circulation in the blood vessels that are close to the skin’s surface. This is why you have a healthy pink glow after microdermabrasion - New skin brought to the surface combined with increased circulation.