Top 6 Tips for Beautiful Glowing Skin
We are all searching how to maintain (or get back!) that youthful glow. There are hundreds of articles on the subject. A lot of the information is common sense and some of it is just plain wacky.
We took the time to comb through the information so you can just get down to business.
Finding your glow is simple, but not always easy depending on your current lifestyle.
Your skin is the window into your internal health and well-being.
If you don't feel good on the inside, it will show on the outside. Read on for the best tried and true tips to "get your glow on" and discover your best skin.
1. Nutrition & Supplements: A healthy diet affects all aspects of our health, especially our skin. Make sure your diet is rich in anti-oxidants, healthy fats, lean proteins and complete vitamin & mineral profile. These nutrients will boost your skin's ability to repair, renew and protect itself from elements and stress. Now, what does that look like?
- A Daily Multivitamin - because we never get it all from our daily food intake
- Nuts & Seeds
- Dark Green & Leafy Vegetables
- Vegetables rich in Lycopene - like tomatoes and red peppers
2. Sleep: Nothing gives your skin a beautiful glow like a great night's sleep.
Sleep doesn't come easily to many of us, especially women as we age.
Take advantage of natural sleep aids like herbal tea, melatonin and unplugging from electronics an hour before bedtime. Going to bed at the same time every night and making sure you have room for 7-9 hours before your alarm goes off is the best way to get into the habit. It is also helpful to do a nightly "brain dump" as part of your nightly routine. Make a list and get it out of your head so the wheels aren't turning and keeping you awake all night long. Your complexion will thank you for it.
3. Hydration: Your skin is 64% water. If you aren't drinking enough water, it shows in your skin.
If your skin is dehydrated you will experience symptoms including dry, sallow appearance, congested pores, tired appearance, patches of dryness and oiliness.
To combat dry skin from the inside, make sure you are drinking plenty of water every day. This is a minimum of 6-8 glasses per day. More if you are not sedentary.
You may also find that running a humidifier at night and rooms where you spend the most time helpful as well.
4. Daily Skin Care Routine suited for your skin type: At a bare minimum be sure to wash and moisturize every morning and evening. Knowing your skin type and using products that are formulated for it are key to finding your glow. In addition to cleansing and moisturizing, you may find toning mists and serums with key active ingredients for your type extremely helpful.
Serums that include hyaluronic acid, copper peptides, argan stem cells, vitamin C, and even caffeine, will help you get your glow on.
Trophy Skin's Argan Stem Cell Serum was formulated for use with our skin care tools but also works really well as part of your morning and evening skin care routine (and includes several of the active ingredients listed above).
5. Extra Skin Care Helpers: The beauty business is booming with innovative new tools to help women turn back the clock, exfoliate, erase wrinkles and sun damage, tone sagging skin and much more. For the purposes of "getting your glow on", microdermabrasion is a great one stop shop for total body exfoliation and erasing your dull complexion.
Trophy Skin has a collection of microdermabrasion systems that fit every budget, skin care need and user experience. LED light therapy is another option for renewing the skin's surface and promoting a beautiful glow.
6. Hygiene/Hands Off! This is big! You must fight the urge to touch your face, especially if you feel a blemish coming on. Our hands touch a lot of foreign substances every day. It's quite gross if you think about it. The more you touch your face, the more you expose it to bacteria, activate oil production and risk infection. Not only that, but your are removing your carefully placed cover-up.
There are literally hundreds of tips to get glowing skin out on the world wide web, but it is our experience that the tips we have provide will give you the greatest lasting results in the shortest period of time.
We invite you to click the button below to learn more about digging deeper into how home microdermabrasion can boost your glowing results!