Updated January, 2020.
Care for Your Man - Healthy Skin Tips For the Guy in Your Life
Trophy Skin's spa-inspired machines are hugely popular and helpful for women. But what about the men? Believe it or not we do have several male customers that love our tools as much as our female customers do.
In honor of February being the month of Valentine's Day, love and hearts, we thought it would be nice to share some skin care tips for all of the guys out there.
There isn't much focus on skin care for men out there. A bar of soap, a razor, maybe some aftershave and if he thinks about it, moisturizer.
Men can have a simple routine, yet still take great care of their skin in no time at all.
1. Wash well and moisturize religiously - Make sure you use a cleanser that is made for the face to clean the excess oil, pollution and debris from your skin. Do this before applying a shaving cream. Shaving will exfoliate the skin to a degree but you also risk pushing debris into the pores in the process so always start with good, clean skin with a simple gentle facial cleanser.
Moisturizing is essential to keeping skin healthy and prevent premature aging. If your skin tends to be oily, use a water-based moisturizer. Oil-based or water-based, you must have SPF in your moisturizer! Sun exposure is the top reason for premature aging of skin in both men and women.
2. The same things that are important for skin health for women are the same for men. Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day, reduce sun exposure, make sure you get enough sleep, cut back on sugar (and junk food!) consumption and don't smoke are all going to help you keep your skin in shape and keep you looking younger.
3. Exfoliate twice a week. Here is where Trophy Skin can help! If you have visited our site further than this post, you know that we are experts in microdermabrasion at home. This is a great way to exfoliate the skin, but we know that it can be intimidating, especially for men. Instead, we recommend the Labelle Ultrasonic Skin Spatula. This nifty skin care tool deep cleans and extracts dirt and sebum from the pores while scraping dead skin cells from the surface.
How does a guy fit this little gadget into their quick skincare routine? It's easy. Wash your skin with a gentle cleanser and keep moist with water of a facial mist or toner. While wet, follow the instructions for treatment and notice all the gunk that comes out of your pores. Follow up with the rest of your routine, making sure you don't forget that SPF moisturizer.
4. Add wrinkle treatment early. The Labelle that we just mentioned has an infusion mode that can help you with wrinkle treatment. Once you have finished exfoliating and cleaning out your pores, your skin is ready for nourishment. Apply Argan Stem Cell Serum and use the infusion mode (flip the tool over) and the Labelle will gently and warmly tap the serum deep into your skin where it can do its magic feeding your cells with anti-aging benefits.
5. Manage stress levels. This tip is two-fold. Stress creates free-radicals in your system that damage your organs, especially your skin (since it is your largest, most visible organ). If your man already has wrinkles that he is stressing about, take a look at our . It is the 1st FDA Cleared Class II Medical Device for full face wrinkle treatment for home use. During a hands-free LED red light treatment, listening to music or meditating is a great stress release while reversing the signs of aging and sun exposure.