You may hear professionals discouraging you from picking your own skin and this is not without reason. Most cases, you end up infecting the pore because of unhygienic practice, leading to a more serious condition.
Some people manage to remove the blackheads but did not follow up with an antibacterial solution to kill the bacteria from deep in the pore. This results in more trouble, scarring, and infection. So, if you have no idea how to do it properly, do your own research before taking matters into your own hands or go see a professional.
Dermatologists and licensed estheticians can perform extractions to remove blackheads for you. It can be costly but removing these pesky black dots is oddly satisfying. If you are really itching to remove the blackheads, consider doing the following:
Wash your face with a gentle foaming facial wash.
Wash your hands properly.
If available, wear a pair of latex gloves to prevent the natural oil from your hands from transferring to your face.
To open the pores, use a facial steamer (if available) or apply a warm compress to the skin. A hot towel should be good to open up your pores. Be careful not to burn your skin!
Use a comedone extractor that is aptly sanitized. It is important to use a clean tool to prevent infection. Do not apply too much pressure that may result to overly traumatizing the skin. If the blackhead won’t pop out, apply a warm compress to that area again until it is easier to remove it.
Apply a calming anti-bacterial toner over the areas you have unclogged to prevent infecting the pore.
Trophy Skin has a nifty device that can help unclog pores safely and effectively. The Labelle Ultrasonic Skin Spatula is proven to remove blackheads, whiteheads and exfoliate the skin to prevent clogging.
The ultrasonic waves help loosen up dirt, clogs, blackheads and whiteheads to prevent skin congestion. It removes excess oil and helps prevent dull skin tone.
All you need is to follow the simple steps below:
- Wash your face with a gentle facial wash.
- Do not wipe your face dry. Keep it wet and press the power button once on your Labelle Ultrasonic Skin Spatula for the scrubber mode. The top icon should light up blue and you can feel the device vibrate.
- Glide the spatula across your skin in a 30-degree angle. You may spray water or your favorite facial mist to keep the area damp during the scrubber mode.
- Focus on your T-zone or the area that gets clogged often. It helps if you let the spatula stay on a stubborn area for a few seconds or so to loosen up the clogged pore.
- You can wipe the blade on a clean towel or tissue to remove the residue that you collected.
- Apply moisturizer using the Infusion Mode. Put moisturizer on your face without rubbing it in. Push the power button again to switch on to Infusion mode. The lower icon should light up orange.
- Flip the Labelle, with the power button facing your skin, and rub your serum or moisturizer in.
Using the Labelle Ultrasonic Skin Spatula is a better way of removing the blackheads and whiteheads compared to using a blackhead-extracting tool. It is painless and feels like getting a massage. No wonder it is a popular service in med spas.
Watch this Skin Pampering Routine using our ultrasonic skin spatula: